Training Yoga Instructors Since 1990
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR YTT 2012 GRADUATES!!
The last weekend in July 2012 concluded the 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training program at Desert Song, and we would like to extend our heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS to the sixteen students who completed the seven month course! The session came to a close with a retreat in the pines with instructors Mary Beth, Heidi, Debbie and Stefanie. Blessings to the graduates! Namaste. ♥
Nationally Certified by the National Yoga Alliance
Desert Song views it as our mission to help educate our community. For the past eighteen years, we have offered yoga teacher training as a part
of that mission, and our nationally certified program reflects our dedication to quality education and health of the mind, body and spirit. Desert Song Healing Arts Center is licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Post-Secondary Education.
Desert Song offers a 200-Hour Teacher Training (TT) program and ongoing Continuing Education (CE) classes. Both courses of study offer access to outstanding local, national and international instructors and a well-rounded curriculum, which includes focus on the eight-limbs of yoga, anatomy and physiology and yoga for special groups.
Eight Reasons to take your Yoga Teacher Training at Desert Song
1. Desert Song’s 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Program is one of the most comprehensive courses in the state. Director Mary Beth Markus has been offering teacher training since 1990 and her commitment to the curriculum of this course and its arrangement has only grown.
2. Mary Beth Markus, Heidi Lichte, Debbie Kayatt and Barbara Holt each have between eleven and twenty-seven years experience. In addition, several local and national guest instructors are invited to share their knowledge of Anatomy & Physiology, Yoga Therapeutics, Sanskrit and the Bhagavad Gita.
3. The emphasis of this course has always been about quality. We accept a maximum of twenty participants into the program. Students accepted must have a minimum of one-year consistent yoga practice, so the depth of study is appropriate for their level of understanding.
4. Graduates emerge from this experience confident in their knowledge and teaching skills. This understanding includes the yoga poses, safe alignment, how to sequence a class, working with special health concerns and weaving pranayama (breathing techniques) into their classes and their lives.
5. Teaching students to become teachers takes time. For this reason, our course of 200 hours is over a seven-month period of time, meeting two to three times a week.
6. Desert Song’s 28-year presence in the valley has been constant, and our roots in community are deep. For this reason, the Desert Song Yoga Teacher Training graduates are highly respected and sought after.
7. Each student enrolled in Desert Song’s Teacher Training Program is honored for his or her natural gifts and abilities. This attention coaches teacher trainees to find their own true authenticity, not to imitate others.
8. This is a life-changing and life-enhancing experience! Immersing into Desert Song’s Yoga Teacher Training course, whether the individual plans to teach yoga or not, moves students to expand in all ways, and on every level of their being.
Here's what our Graduates Say:
"The Yoga Teacher Training course was one of the most enriching, exciting, and expanding experiences of my life." - Judith C. Engelman, M.D.
"Yoga Teacher Training helped me to become a stronger person and deepened my understanding of how to live a yogic way of life." - Lisa McKenna, Licensed Massage Therapist
"The quality of the teacher training program is first rate. It's an experience that changes your life from the inside out."- Mary Glover, MA Elementary Ed Director, Awakening Seed School
Desert Song Yoga & Massage Center’s 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program is accredited through Yoga Alliance.
Desert Song Yoga & Massage Center is licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Post-Secondary Education.